Blogspot Tutorial

{Dragons} {Elves Faeries} {Magical Creatures} {Greek Mythology} {Folklore Legends} {Mermaids} {Selkies} {The Garden} {Urban Legends} {Lorelay Lost}

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Goodmoring-Rosy

Goodmorning-
Hello, my dears, it's 27 degrees outside and it's freezing.... Here in 
 Washington Kent. I just wanted to let you know about my hummer Rosy. Yes, he is still at my porch side, protecting it as he always does even in this freezing temp's. I saw him this morning after taking my son to the bus stop. 
If any of you have hummers in this kinda conditions make sure you put thick socks over your feeders! Because the food you have made for them will FREEZE!  
I have posted this in my earlier ones about hummers and stories about my Rosy, but I just wanted to help all you folks that might have a few hummers that have stayed over the coldddddd! Winter and so you can know how to keep them safe and have food for them all the winter. The feeders that I use during the cold winters like this are the plastic or metal. And I check on them every day. When the temperatures get down to the 20's and teens you have to check to make sure that your food nectar has not frozen on them.  You must remember that this is their only source of food during this time.
If you need the food recipe that I had posted before- and you might have missed it my dear Readers- Here you are -o)
4 cups of water
1 cup of white sugar
1 teaspoon of Pure Orange Extract

Boil the 4 cups of water first, then add the 1 cup of white sugar till dissolved. Let boil for 1min, then cool after cooling add 1 teaspoon of the pure orange extract. Then put in a plastic container to keep in your refrigerator till needed. 
I hope these tips will help you all with your own hummers in these cold winter months. Wendy..

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...